Deviled Egg Eyeballs
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, finely minced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dry ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder blue food coloring, as needed red paste food coloring, as needed
- 24 slices of black olives, green pimento olives or fresh red peppers
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the yolks out into a medium bowl and reserve the whites until needed.
- With the back of a fork, mash the yolks until smooth.
- Add mayo, onions, parsley, mustard, salt, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Mix well.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring to turn the yellow mixture a soft green. Spoon green yolk mixture into the cavity in each white half.
- On top of each yolk filling, place one black olive slice.
- Add a small piece of pimento or red pepper for the pupil.
- With a toothpick dipped in red food coloring paste, draw red veins on egg white's surface.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
[source: adapted from Squidoo]